Hardwick - St Margaret
For a location map, please see The 'Find us' tab on our AChurchNearYou page.
St Margaret’s is central to Hardwick village. The church is largely accepted to be Norman, but has some Saxon features. Its round tower partially fell in 1770. The porch has an attractive brick and flint chequer pattern. A large wall painting of St Christopher dates from the C14th. Rising from a window sill is an old rood loft stairway.
St Margaret's collapsed tower (© David Ferre)
(Images of the Norman doorway and
The former rood loft stairway
| Printable Version|